There are four variants of Bows in the game: One variant in the base game and 3 variants being DLC exclusive.
||Can be bought in most merchant locations after reaching Survivor Rank 9 and received at the Quartermaster|
|Bozak Bow (DLC)||360||
||Received as a reward for completing all the trials in The Bozak Horde stadium set up by Bozak.
Anyone who requires any kind of assistance with Bozak Horde, this is the person you're looking for.
||Received as a reward from the Faceless|
|Upgraded Crossbow (DLC)||480||
||Received by Killing Thor, the hardest Goon in the game, it can be found in the countryside, you can only get it if you own the DLC The Following|
|Ranger Bow (DLC)||Blueprint received by purchasing the Harran Ranger Bundle DLC|
The varying arrow types can be difficult to obtain. The default arrow blueprints come with the Bow, but the other arrow type blueprints must be unlocked through the Bozak Horde challenges. However, all elemental arrows can be bought from merchants around Harran. Purchasing the Harran Ranger DLC will instantly give you access to all kinds of elemental arrows.
The only way to obtain all the elemental arrow blueprints without Harran Ranger DLC is:
- Explosive arrows. Can be obtained by finishing all Bozak Horde trials under 31 minutes(Alone), the time is decreased in Co-Op as more players are present. This is also tied to achievement Things That Go Ka-Boom, which is second hardest Bozak achievement after the Together Till the End(Bozak Mask), let alone having to speedrun through all trials, the achievement is glitched and may not work 100% the time, forcing people having to redo Bozak Horde once or twice again.
- Electric arrows. Can be obtained by killing 10 virals in Bozak Horde with a bow throughout the trials. After you finish Bozak Horde once, you'll gain ability to always spawn with a Bozak bow the next time you enter Bozak Horde, you must use this bow to kill virals. This does not require finishing all trials, as well as tied to the achievement Electric Whisper, after you kill 10 virals with bow you'll notice the achievement pops up, this can be indicator that you've unlocked the electric arrow blueprint and now you can exit Bozak stadium anytime, unless you want to finish all the trials for another reason. Virals wear orange clothes in Bozak Horde.
- Incendiary arrows. Can be obtained with the same way as electric arrows, but this time you'll have to kill 10 bolters instead of virals. This also doesn't require finishing all trials, you can safely exit the Bozak stadium. Incendiary arrows don't have any achievement so the only way to see if you've unlocked them is either done by counting all bolters killed or opening blueprints menu. There won't be any problems with opening menu during Bozak Horde, as the game is paused on Normal difficulty and the Bozak Horde can only be played on Normal mode.
- In real-life, Bows are projectile weapons for Archery.
- In real-life, Crossbows are also projectile weapons based on the bow, but use a horizontal bow-like assembly mounted on a stock. In general, they are used for sporting and hunting.
- The Bow and Bozak Bow variants are actually recurve bows, however the Bow variant is a wooden bow while the Bozak Bow is a compound-styled recurve bow. The Compound Crossbow in-game is pistol-styled and contains a retracted stock.